Protein powder is one of the biggest fitness trends of the last few years. Not too long ago, it seemed as though only bodybuilders and fitness pros used protein powder, but now it feels like everyone at the gym is supporting their workouts with protein shakes.
With so many different types of protein powder out there, how can you decide which is the right one for you? At Every Health, we stock a range of protein powders designed to suit different lifestyles and needs. Let’s take a closer look…
The Benefits of Protein Powder
Firstly, it’s important to understand the benefits of using protein powder as part of your routine. Protein powder can:
- Help you to build muscle
- Help to repair muscle damage after an intense workout
- Contribute to reducing muscle fatigue
- Keep you feeling fuller for longer – this could help you to manage weight loss, as well as stopping you from snacking late at night, which could have a positive impact on the quality of your sleep
- Provide a more convenient way for people to consume the protein they need than having to eat large amounts of foods such as meat and eggs
- Provide people following a vegan or plant-based diet with essential protein
How to Make a Protein Shake
Making a protein shake couldn’t be easier. Simply add one scoop of your chosen protein powder to 250ml of cold water or plant-based milk and shake it up.
Some people like to add fruit, a dash of cocoa powder or even a spoonful of peanut butter to their protein shakes – but when you’re using a flavoured protein powder, you’ll already have all the taste and nutrients you need.
If you’ve got fitness goals in sight, using the right protein powder before your workout could help to boost your performance.
Klean Isolate, which is available in Natural Vanilla and Chocolate flavours, is designed to help power your muscles by providing you with essential amino acids for muscle-building.